Ahmedabad is considered the oral cancer capital with an incidence rate as high as 22 cases per lakh population.
Ahmedabad has also been witnessing an alarming trend in oral cancer. Ahmedabad is considered the oral cancer capital with an incidence rate as high as 22 cases per lakh population. This is alarming, especially when viewed against the country’s incidence ratio, which is 9 cancer patients per lakh. According to Gujarat Cancer Registry, which register the number of cancer cases, around 17,500 men and 12,000 women fall prey to the deadly disease every year. Cancers of the mouth, lung, food-pipe, prostate and larynx are most prevalent among men, where as cancers of the breast, cervix, ovary and food pipe are most common in women.
Chewing tobacco consumption has increased the risk of head and neck cancer among the urban and semi urban population of Ahmedabad by between 13% and 15% in people between of the 35 to 40 years age group, who are at most risk.
Top 10 Cancer Hospitals in AHmedabad
1. CIMS Cancer Hopital Ahmedabad
CIMS Hospital is one of the best & top rated cancer hospital in Ahmedabad and Among the most prominent cancer hospitals in Gujarat. CIMS cancer hospital is the expert in cancer treatments! If you have to find the best hospital for cancer care your first and last choice will be CIMS Hospital Ahmedabad.
Cancer is one of the leading causes of deaths in India. About three million patients suffer from this disease, with a million new cases being reported every year in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The disease is expected to rise five-fold by 2025. However the field of Oncology i.e. the specialty which treats cancer patients is neither developed completely nor uniformly in view of geographic distribution of cancer burden in India. The cancer centers are mostly limited to Tier-1 cities & are now slowly developing across Tier – 2 cities. Rural India still has to rely on regional cancer centers & the government hospitals; where the infrastructure is limited and where it is made available, the expert specialists are not available.
CIMS Cancer Hopital is recommended by cancer patients as the best cancer treatment hospital in Ahmedabad as per actual internet rankings on Facebook, Google Reviews, Doctors Review India and many more top review and rating websites. We continue to thank our patients and guests for the excellent ratings and promise to continue to provide the best cancer treatment across India.
The CIMS Cancer hospital in Ahmedabad took the mission of providing all facilities under one roof and succeeded in establishing it in record time span. CIMS Cancer hospital Ahmedabad houses most of the multidisciplinary teams to treat cancer patients. Its emphasis is on seamless interdisciplinary collaboration, making us “better together.” At CIMS cancer center its “The care that never quits”.
2. HCG Hospital Ahmedabad
HCG Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad, the specialists in cancer care, is India’s largest cancer care provider with a group of 275 oncologist across 23 cancer centers, having to its credit many accomplishments from being an oncology leader of the year to Asia’s most sought after healthcare brand and the best place to work in healthcare in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
HCG Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad is one of the most trusted and best cancer hospital in Ahmedabad. We are committed to providing quality healthcare services to the patients to restore their health as swiftly as possible. This unit was established in 2007, on the principles of compassion, caring and community partnership. We serve a wide – range of medical needs with the highest level of know-how and healthcare across the region.
HCG Cancer Hospital Salient Features
- Comprehensive Cancer Care with state-of-the-art facilities
- Dedicated full time team of qualified Cancer Surgeons, Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Gynaecologist, Urogynaecologists, Nuclear Medicine Specialists, Cancer Intensivists, Psycho-Oncologist & Preventive Oncologists, Pathologists and Radiologists
- Three Modular Operation Theatres with High end equipment and stringent infection control protocols
- Wide range of diagnostic facilities
- Specialised Chemotherapy unit
- The most advanced “True Beam” for high end precision radiotherapy
- Integration of equipment with latest software for error free reporting
- Dedicated wing for International patients
3. Apollo Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad
The Oncology Centre of Excellence at Apollo Ahmedabad is a comprehensive cancer centre for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, education and research in Cancer . The comprehensive treatment system involves an Onco Expert Team which consists of a group of proficient medical, surgical and radiation oncologists.
Apollo Cancer Hospital Treatments
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Stem cell transplants
Apollo Cancer Hospital Technology
- Rapid Arc
- IGRT (Image Guided Radiation Therapy)
- IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy)
4. Cancer Healer Center in Ahmedabad
Established in 1997, Cancer Healer Center is committed to provide the best cancer treatment in Ahmedabad and other states in India. Cancer Healer Center, with a vision, will and determination to relieve patients and provide them a better quality of life, is one of the most esteemed cancer hospitals with competent cancer specialist doctors in the country.
With an effective treatment strategy and evolving medicine, the center aims to fight against cancer and offers a better quality of life. An honest and trustworthy cancer doctor, Dr. Tarang Krishna strives to provide the best help to every cancer patient with his advanced methods, medicines and immunotherapy in Ahmedabad and around. The excellent guidance, love and help offered to each patient aid him/her in fast recovery and healing. Continuously aspiring to enhance the potential and possibilities of Immunotherapy, Dr Krishna brings out the utmost standard of conduct and ethics in medical practice.
About Cancer Healer Center Ahmedabad
Are you looking for a cancer specialist in Ahmedabad? If yes, Cancer Healer Centre has one of the best cancer hospital in Ahmedabad. An oncologist is a person who deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. During your cancer treatment, you may see more than one kind of cancer doctor but carefully and correctly choose the oncologist. Your cancer and treatment type determines, who is your main doctor. Your relationship with your doctor will last through the treatment into long term follow-up care.
5. The Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute Ahmedabad
Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute (GCRI) established in the year 1972, is a functional autonomous body jointly managed by Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Cancer Society, affliated to B J Medical College. It is also a Regional Cancer Centre of Government of India and getting assistance under National Cancer Control Programme.
The Gujarat Cancer Society (GCS) was established in 1960 with donation of 5000 rupees as seed money collected from a charity cultural event organized by Inner Wheel Club of Ahmedabad (Rotary Club). The then Governor of Gujarat, H.E. Mehndi Nawab Jung suggested to utilize the donation money as seed value for establishing a cancer hospital in Ahmedabad under Gujarat Cancer Society.
GCRI have 660 beds dedicated for adult patients and 50 beds for pediatric cancer patients. It has heavy OPD load of approximately 30,000 (Adult and pediatric) new cancer patients each year. In this year, the institute has performed 7,69,297 Laboratory tests, 1,54,759 Histological examinations, 1,20,616 Imaging & Radiological investigations, 21,690 Major and Minor surgeries, 55,390 Chemotherapy Treatment, and 16,397 Radiation Treatment.
6. Shalby Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad
Shalby Cancer & Research Institute Ahmedabad is the most advanced centre for the diagnosis and treatment of all types of cancers in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The state-of-the-art infrastructure and adoption of professional standards (both national and international) makes it a centre of excellence.
Cancer Surgery is one of the most important modality of cancer treatment used for curing early stages of cancer in any part of the body from head to toe. Cancer surgery is also used for providing symptomatic relief to patients with advanced disease.
Cancer & Research Institute Ahmedabad at Shalby Hospital undertakes all routine, high risk and emergency surgeries. High success rate with minimal complications has been the tradition of the Centre. Depending on indications and patient’s preference, laser surgeries, endoscopic surgeries or open surgeries are performed.
Patients with solid tumors, breast cancer, head and neck cancer, ovarian cancer, cervix cancer, esophageal cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer, bladder cancer, brain tumors etc. can now avail world class diagnosis and treatment for cancer, backed by a well trained and experienced team at Shalby Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad.
7. Sterling Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad
Sterling Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad is the flagship Cancer Hospital of the Sterling Group, with the most advanced infrastructure and an exceptionally experienced team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncology practitioners.
Sterling Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad strives to make sure that it is always at the cutting-edge of cancer care, offering a range of therapies that have shown much potential and positive result.
Our dynamic approach to cancer therapy places a strong emphasis on research and the right therapy that is minimally invasive yet holistic.
Sterling Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad prides itself on individualized treatment plans and using the patient body’s natural systems to carry out the regulation, defence, and repair to the maximum extent possible.
Sterling Cancer Hospital Specialities
- Department of Medical Oncology
- Department of Surgical Oncology
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- Department of Nuclear Medicine
- Department of Mammography
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Preventive Oncology
- Department of Robotic Surgery
8. GCS Medical Collage, Hospital & Research Centre Ahmedabad
Gujarat cancer society was founded in 1961 and since then it has been providing care to the patient suffering from cancer at M.P.Shah Cancer Hospital, Civil Hospital Compound, Ahmedabad and Community Oncology Centre (COC), Vasna. Till date, lacs of patients have been diagnosed and treated.
In appreciation of the work undertaken by GCS, the Government of Gujarat has given us the responsibility to develop a new medical college under Public Private Partnership. The Government of Gujarat has given 25 acres of land at the New Swadeshi Mill Compound, Naroda Road, Asarwa, Ahmedabad.
In year 2009, GCS has established GCS Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, with state-of-the art infrastructure and facilities. Following permission from MCI to start M.B.B.S. course in 2011, 150 medical students were enrolled for the same. Subsequently, on processing renewal permission, another batch of 150 medical students was enrolled in the year 2012.
Cancer Oncology & Onco Surgery
- Brain Cancer Tumours Surgery
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Cancer treatment with Chemotherapy & Medicines
- GI Cancers Surgery
- Head & Neck Cancers Surgery
- Urology Cancers treatment
9. Zydus Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad
Zydus Cancer Hospital is one of the best Medical oncology and cancer Surgical surgery hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Zydus Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad has an advanced Digital Mammography System for Breast Cancer screening, The benefits of digital mammography are at many levels.
Zydus Cancer Cancer Care (Oncology)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Gastro Intestinal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Reconstructive Cancer
- Breast Reconstruction
- HIPEC – PIPAC Center
Complex tumour excision surgeries are routinely performed at Zydus Hospital Cancer Ahmedabad. We have a team of highly skilled, well trained and experienced team of Surgical Oncologists in Ahmedabad who supported by an extensively trained & skilled operating theatre and post-op intensive care staff, In totality we ensure that the success rate of Oncology surgeries is comparable with that of the best hospitals globally.
Zanish Cancer Hospital Ahmedabad
Zanish Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad is one of the Best Cancer Hospital in Ahmedabad because we understand pain and sufferings of Cancer patients, we value your money and your fight against Cancer, that’s why we do not believe in just treating a patient, we trust in to care them so that your fight and our efforts could turn into a positive result.
Zanish Cancer Hospital is founded by Dr. Nishant Sanghavi in March, 2018 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat having mission of providing Cancer Care to one and all. We provide Cancer surgery, treatment and care for GI cancer, Uro cancer, Head and neck cancer, Gynec cancer, breast cancer, soft tissue sarcoma and cancer reconstructive surgeries.
Zanish Cancer Hospital Services
- GI Oncology
- Uro Oncology
- Head & Neck Oncology
- Reconstructive Surgeries
- Gynec Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Laparoscopic Cancer Surgery
Tags:- Best Cancer Hospitals in Ahmedabad, Top Cancer Hospitals in Ahmedabad, Top 10 Cancer Hospitals in Ahmedabad, Cancer Hospitals Ahmedabad, No 1 Cancer Hospitals in Ahmedabad, Second Opinion Cancer Hospitals in Ahmedabad
Breast cancer is the most common invasive cancer in women, and the second main cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer.
Breast Cancer is the most common cancer in women in India. One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer, in India, every 4 minutes. One woman dies of Breast cancer, in India, every 8 minutes. An estimated 70,218 women died of breast cancer in India, for the year 2012, the highest in the world for that year.
Breast Cancer in Ahmedabad
Here are some key points about breast cancer in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- Symptoms include a lump or thickening of the breast and changes to the skin or the nipple.
- Risk factors can be genetic, but some lifestyle factors, such as alcohol intake, make it more likely to happen.
- A range of treatments is available, including surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
- Many breast lumps are not cancerous, but any woman who is concerned about a lump or change should see a doctor.
Top 10 Breast Cancer Specialists in Ahmedabad
1. Dr. Bhavna Parikh Breast Cancer Specialist Ahmedabad
Breast cancer surgeon & surgical oncologist in Ahmedabad
There are many types of cancer treatment. The types of treatment that you receive will depend on the type of cancer you have and how advanced it is.
Dr. Bhavna Parikh is committed to providing individualized, multidisciplinary treatment for a wide array of solid tumors. Dr. Bhavna Parikh well-trained in all aspects of surgical oncology and offer cutting-edge, minimally invasive approaches for a variety of complex malignancies in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. By utilizing the least invasive technique that will allow complete tumor removal, our patients may experience less post-operative pain, shorter recovery times and improved functional outcomes as No 1 doctor for cancer treatment in Ahmedabad.
Need to make an oncologist appointment this week? Contact breast cancer specialist Dr. Bhavna Parikh Ahmedabad, who take your health. Dr. Bhavna Parikh is listed in top 10 breast cancer & oncologist specialists include surgeons, medical oncologists, and interventional radiologists in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Dr. Bhavna Parikh, well-trained in both laparoscopic and robotic techniques for complex GI tumors, including major resections of the liver and pancreas in all over Gujarat. In addition, we offer surgical treatment of melanoma, including sentinel lymph node biopsy, soft tissue sarcoma, endocrine tumors and cancers of the colon and rectum at the cancer treatment center in Ahmedabad.
- Treatments:- Cancer Oncology, Hematology Oncology, Urological Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Neuro Oncology, Pediatric Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Clinical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Breast cancer treatments, GI cancer treatments and Gynec cancer treatments
- Address:- 1st Floor, Subham Complex, Opp Jain Derasar, Nr Navrangpura Bus Stand, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009
- Website URL:- http://www.breastcancerahmedabad.com/
- Google Map:- Dr. Bhavna Parikh Ahmedabad
- Contact No:- 098257 50928
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Dr. Bhargav Maharaja Breast Cancer Specialist Ahmedabad
Breast Cancer Surgery & Head, Neck Cancer Surgeon
Dr. Bhargav Maharaja (B. Maharaja, M.S., M.Ch.) is a qualified breast cancer surgeon in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Rajasthan and one of the directors of Shrey Hospitals & Research center Ahmedabad. He is one of the leading breast cancer surgeon specialist in Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Udaipur. He has acquired M. Ch. Degree in cancer surgery from Gujarat University and associated in the field of cancer surgery for last 22 years.
Dr. Bhargav Maharaja Ahmedabad is being invited to deliver his speeches on the subject. Dr. Bhargav Maharaja cancer specialist is a thorough reader. He is fond of literature, arts and writing. He owns a good collection of books on various subjects. He has worked as a junior lecturer in Gujarat cancer & research institute.
- Treatments:- Assessment and Stage of the Disease, Curative Surgeries, Chemotherapy & Port Placement, Radiofrequency Ablation, Breast Cancer Surgery, Implantable Chemotherapy port Insertion, lumpectomy surgery
- Address:- Nr. AMCO Bank, Cancer Department – Shrey Hospital, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009
- Website URL:- http://www.drbhargavmaharaja.in/
- Google Map:- Dr. Bhargav Maharaja Ahmedabad
- Contact No:- 098250 22073
- Email:- email@example.com
3. Dr. Tarang Patel Breast Cancer Specialist Ahmedabad
The first generation of qualified surgical oncologist of India
Dr. Tarang Patel, with work experience of more than 3 decades, belongs to the first generation of qualified surgical oncologist of India. Dr. Tarang Patel is among the first few who performed pectorals major reconstruction out of institute in Gujarat. He is performing major and supra major head and neck cancer surgeries like Commando, Laryngectomy. He loves doing Thyroid, and Parotid surgery. He has a special interest in Breast cancer. That’s why Dr. Tarang Patel is the leading breast cancer doctor in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Consultant cancer surgeon, Shrey hospital, Ahmedabad Dr. Tarang Patel works independently as Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Shrey hospital, Ahmedabad. He is the first Surgical Oncologist to be part of the successful Corporate Healthcare Service provider of Gujarat.
- Treatments:- Neck Cancer, Head Cancer, Breast Cancer, Thyroid
- Address:- CIMS – Cancer Hospital, Science City Road, Off, Sola Gam Rd, Sola, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380060
- Website URL:- http://www.drtarangpatel.com/
- Google Map:- Dr. Tarang Patel Ahmedabad
- Contact No:- 098250 22074
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Nisha Joshi Breast Cancer Specialist Ahmedabad
Breast-Preserving Surgery & Breast Cancer Surgeon in Ahmedabad
Dr. Nisha Joshi is the Chief Medical officer and Counselor with Breast Care Clinic, Samved Hospital since last 10 years. We are a team of Doctors-Surgeons dedicated to being the best resource for breast services, information, support, and research in our state and being one of its kind in the country.
Our patients can access the latest technology and knowledge in the field with our ongoing updates on technology including advanced imaging studies for diagnosis, from the latest in digital mammography to breast–specific MRI & PET Scan. With these tools, we can help eliminate delayed or missed diagnosis, as well as to detect cancers at their earliest, most curable stage. Sophisticated treatments like Breast-Preserving Surgery also help reduce hospitalization and recovery time.
She also heads our Clinical Research Department.
- Treatments:- Counselling, Breast Self Examination, Imaging Modalities, Cytopathology, Endoscopy(Ductoscopy), Breast Surgery, Radiology, Chemotherapy
- Address:- Nr. Stadium Circle, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009 Gujarat (India)
- Website URL:- https://www.breastcentreindia.com/
- Google Map:- Dr. Nisha Joshi Ahmedabad
- Contact No:- +91-79-2643-1616
- Email:- email@example.com
Tags:- Top 10 Breast Cancer Specialists in Ahmedabad, Breast Cancer Specialists Ahmedabad, Breast Cancer surgeon Specialists in Ahmedabad, Breast Cancer doctors in Ahmedabad, Top Breast Cancer Specialists in Ahmedabad, Best Breast Cancer Specialists in Ahmedabad, Breast Cancer Surgery Specialists Ahmedabad, Breast Cancer Female Specialists in Ahmedabad, Breast Cancer Ahmedabad, 10 Best Breast Cancer Specialists in Ahmedabad
Welcome to Doctors Review India. We’ve collected a list of best cancer hospitals in India to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Here we have listed Top 20 best cancer hospitals in India by speciality. Get Opinion and cost estimate from any hospital. Below listed all cancer centers offers all types of cancer treatments.
Cancer is a hazardous disease which affects a person and his family brutally.
In whole world people are affected by this menacing disease and search for better treatment options which would be economical too.
It is the basic reason that many cancer patients from different sections of World, come to India looking for cancer treatment. Many Indian Hospitals are internationally acclaimed having accreditations like NABH and JCI . These hospitals are equipped with the essential technology which is required to deal with Cancer. Some of the hospitals have oncologist who have got training and have years of experience in cancer treatment.
After observing the sheer number of hospitals, you must be confused and ask
“What are the best hospitals in India”?
For your convenience , we have shortlisted Best Cancer Hospitals in India. For a better and easier approach , we have listed the hospitals according the city as: Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad. If you feel that it is difficult to find specific Cancer Hospital according its type then also we have given further differentiation as Best Blood Cancer Hospitals, Breast Cancer Hospitals, Prostate Cancer Hospitals, and Lung Cancer Hospitals in India.
What are the Common cancers (In India)?
Cancer of lip and oral cavity has emerged as the deadliest among Indian men while for Indian women, it is breast cancer.
The most common cancers in men are:
- lip/oral cavity,
- prostate &
While among women most common cancers are:
- ovary &
- lip/oral cavity.
1. Sterling Cancer Hospitals
Besides, Sterling Cancer Hospitals India is proud of investing in technologically advanced infrastructure and comprehensive treatment facilities. Our facilities are a par with several advanced hospitals in developed countries around the world.
INTERNATIONAL PATIENT SERVICES:
- Medical Visa Assistance
- Medical Travel assistance
- Pick and Drop Facility from Airport
- Accommodation and Site seeing
- Tele- Medication
- Follow Up Support
- E- Consultation
- 2nd Opinion Facility
2. Apollo Cancer Hospitals
Apollo Hospitals is one of the best cancer hospitals in India with 10 dedicated hospitals across Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Madurai, Kolkata, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar & Bilaspur.
To the thousands of patients who visit for cancer treatment in India, the Apollo Hospitals Cancer Centre symbolizes hope that Cancer is Conquerable. The Cancer care system at Apollo Hospitals involves over 125 surgical and radiation Oncology specialists as well as diagnostic consultants that offer comprehensive Cancer Care. The mission is to take the fight against cancer to the next frontier, and redefine clinical benchmarks and outcomes.
The Apollo Proton Cancer Centre in Chennai, India is South East Asia’s first Proton Therapy Centre and a game changer in cancer care. Proton Therapy is the most advanced form of Radiation Therapy with significant benefits during and after cancer treatment
Cancer Doctor Ahmedabad – Book Doctor Appointment, Consult Online, View Doctor Fees, User Reviews, Address and Phone Numbers of Oncologists in Ahmedabad. In this post we have shared top 10 cancer surgeons in Ahmedabad, Gujarat who offering affordable cancer treatment & oncology services in all over India. These doctors are popular for cancer second opinion surgeons in Ahmedabad.
1. Dr Bhavna Parikh Ahmedabad
- About – Dr Bhavna Parikh attached with Shubham Hospital(1st Floor, Shubham Complex, Opp. Jain Derasar, Nr. Navarangpura Bus Stand, Navarangpura, Ahmedabad – 380 009).
- Address – 1st Floor, Subham Comple, Opp Jain Derasar, Nr Navrangpura Bus stand, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009
- Website – http://www.breastcancerahmedabad.com/
- Treatments – Breast cancer services, GI cancer services and Gynec cancer services, Oncology, Breast cancer surgery and reconstruction surgery in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Contact No – 098257 50928
2. Dr Shailendra Singh Ahmedabad
- About – Dr Shailendra Singh is the best Micro OncoReconstructive Surgeon in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. He is Assistant Professor ( Plastic Surgery ) NHL Medical College Ahmedabad , Gujarat, India. ( since 2009). Dr Shailendra Singh started Private Practice in 1999 at Consultant Microvascular Surgeon, at Ahmedabad , India and 2009 Assistant Professor at NHL Medical college and V.S. Hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- Address – B/H. Armeida, Off. Sindhu Bhavan Road, S. G. Highway, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad Gujarat 380054
- Website –https://doctorsreview.in/doctor/dr-shailendra-singh-ahmedabad/
- Treatments – Reconstruction in Head & Neck Cancer, Breast Reconstruction, pedicled flaps and local flaps
- Contact No – 09825156277
3. Dr. Tarang Patel Ahmedabad
- About – Dr. Tarang Patel, with work experience of more than 3 decades, belongs to first generation of qualified Surgical Oncologist of India. Dr. Tarang Patel is among the first few who performed pectorals major reconstruction out of institute in Gujarat. He is performing major and supra major head and neck cancer surgeries like Commando, Laryngectomy. He loves doing Thyroid, and Parotid surgery. He has special interest in Breast cancer. Dr. Tarang Patel is Best Cancer doctor in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Address – CIMS – Cancer Hospital, Off Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad – 380060, Gujarat, India
- Website –http://www.drtarangpatel.com/profile.html
- Treatments – Cancer Reconstruction Surgery, Surgical Oncology, head and neck cancer surgeries, Commando, Laryngectomy surgeries, Breast Reconstruction Breast Surgery Skin Cancer Surgery and Management
- Contact No – +91-9825022074
4. Dr. Somesh Chandra Ahmedabad
- About – Dr. Somesh Chandra co-founder of Gujarat Society of Head Neck Oncology – Dr. Somesh Chandra is a surgical oncologist working in the field of cancer for nearly 25 years. he has dealt with all solid cancers and lately focuses more on a few common head-neck cancers) and challenging cancers (Lung, esophagus Ovary) . He has special interest in hereditary cancers, cancer genetics and cancer screening. He also performs Laser & Robotic surgery for various cancers.
- Address – B/H. Armeida, Off. Sindhu Bhavan Road, S. G. Highway, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad Gujarat 380054
- Website –http://www.advaitoncology.com/dr-somesh-chandra.php
- Treatments – Cancer, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Surgery, Oncology, Skin Cancer Surgery and Management
- Contact No – +91-9081000696
5. Dr. Kaustubh Patel Ahmedabad
- About – Dr. Kaustubh Patel M.S., M.Ch. (Surgical Oncology) is a Director & Senior Consultant – Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist at HCG Cancer Centre, Ahmedabad & the founder member of Aastha Oncology Associates. After completing M.B.B.S. from B.J.Medical College, he did MS & MCh from Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute (GCRI) with highest marks in Gujarat University. Dr. Kaustubh Patel has introduced popularized many new surgical techniques in state of Gujarat including Microvascular, Minimal Invasive H&N Surgery (MAARSH), Trans Oral Endoscopic Laser Surgery (TOLS) & Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS). Dr. Kaustubh Patel has won many Best presentation & Best paper awards at conferences including UICC.
- Address – A 25, Aastha Clinic, C G Road, Naranpura, Near Lal Bunglow P O, Naranpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380006
- Website –https://www.hcgoncology.com/doctor-details/21
- Treatments – Cancer, Surgical Oncology, Head Cancer, Neck Cancer, Cancer Surgery
- Contact No – +91-079 2640 1905
Are you cancer surgeon or oncologist in Ahmedabad, Gujarat? Want to be listed here for free? You must add your profile to our doctors directory India profile and hospital listing both. Once you submit your listing we will review and update this post for the same. Before you create a profile you must add unique content for doctors business listing. Copy and paste content listing will be rejected by our reviewer team. If you have any question feel free to contact us.
Breast cancer is cancer that develops from breast tissue. Signs of breast cancer may include a lump in the breast, a change in breast shape, dimpling of the skin, fluid coming from the nipple, a newly inverted nipple, or a red or scaly patch of skin.
Below are the main headings, You can directly jump to the topic in this article.
- Facts About Breast Cancer
- Myths About Breast Cancer
- Benign (Non Cancerous) lumps
- Early Breast Cancer Detection
- Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
- Breast Cancer Self Examination
- Breast Cancer Prevention
Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point.
The good news is that most women can survive breast cancer if it’s found and treated early. A mammogram – the screening test for breast cancer – can help find breast cancer early when it’s easier to treat.
Our mission is to help those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services. Here listed all blog cotnent provide by Dr Bhavna Parikh (Oncologist in Ahmedabad).
Facts About Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer is the second leading cancer amongst women in India and gujarat.
it is higher among urban urban women.
- Breast cancer develops from a cancerous cell which develops in the lining of a milk duct or milk gland (lobule) in one of the breasts.
- The chance of dying from breast cancer is about 1 in 36.
- Breast cancer death rates have been going down. This is probably the result of finding the cancer earlier and better treatment.
- The following steps can help you stay well and improve your odds against breast cancer.
- If you are 40 or older, get a mammogram and breast exam every year and report any breast changes to your doctor right away
- Breast cancer is the second leading cancer amongst women in India and gujarat.
How Breast Cancer occurs?
Breast cancer is always caused by a genetic abnormality (a “mistake” in the genetic material). However, only 5-10% of cancers are due to an abnormality inherited from your mother or father. Instead, 85-90% of breast cancers are due to genetic abnormalities that happen as a result of the aging process and the “wear and tear” of life in general.
Myths About Breast Cancer
- Both women and men get breast cancer. Older people are more likely to get breast cancer than younger people
After gender (being female), age is the strongest risk factor for developing breast cancer – the older the person, the higher the risk. Around 81% of breast cancers occur in women over the age of 50.
- Most cases of breast cancer don’t run in the family
Most cases of breast cancer happen by chance. Only around 5% of breast cancers are caused by inheriting an altered (faulty) gene.
- Breast cancer can affect women, regardless of the size of their breasts
Breast cancer can affect women with small breasts, medium breasts, large breasts – any size breasts. Breast size is irrelevant.
- Both women and men get breast cancer. Older people are more likely to get breast cancer than younger people
Benign (Non Cancerous) Lumps
Finding a lump in your breast doesn’t mean you have breast cancer
There are several benign (not cancer) conditions that can occur in the breast and may cause a lump. Also many women will experience lumpy breasts just before their period. This is a normal response to changing hormones and often the lump or lumpiness disappears after the period. However, if this doesn’t go away, it’s important to get it checked out by a doctor. Any new lump should always be assessed by a doctor, regardless of your age or whether you are still having periods or not.
Benign (Non Cancerous) Lumps Note
- Most breast lumps are not cancerous
- Most breast lumps are fluid filled cysts or fibroadenomas, which are benign
- However, you should always see a doctor if a lump develops as the breast lump may be cancerous
Early Breast Cancer Detection
- Mammogram: Women age 40 and older should have a mammogram every year and should continue to do so for as long as they are in good health. While mammograms can miss some cancers, they are still a very good way to find breast cancer but chances are very less.
- Modern mammogram equipment designed for breast x-rays uses very low levels of radiation, usually a dose of about 0.1 to 0.2 rads per picture (a rad is a measure of radiation dose).
- Mammogram equipment is safe and uses the lowest dose of radiation possible. Many people are concerned about the exposure to x-rays, but the level of radiation used in modern mammograms does not significantly increase the risk for breast cancer.
Breast Cancer During Pregnancy
Women who are diagnosed with breast cancer during pregnancy may face tremendous additional strain due to concern for the safety of the unborn child.
Breast Cancer Self Examination Step by Step
Breast Cancer Self Examination Step 1
Lie down and put your left arm under your head. Use your right hand to examine your left breast. With your 3 middle fingers flat, move gently in small circular motions over the entire breast, checking for any lump, hard knot, or thickening. Use different levels of pressure – light, medium and firm – over each area of your breast. Check the whole breast, from your collar bone above your breast down to the ribs below your breast. Switch arms and repeat on the other breast.
Breast Cancer Self Examination Step 2
Look at your breasts while standing in front of a mirror with your hands on your hips. Look for lumps, new differences in size and shape, and swelling or dimpling of the skin.
Breast Cancer Self Examination Step 3
Raise one arm, then the other, so you can check under your arms for lumps.
Breast Cancer Self Examination Step 4
Squeeze the nipple of each breast gently between your thumb and index finger. Report to your healthcare provider right away any discharge or fluid from the nipples or any lumps or changes in your breast.
Breast Cancer Self Examination Video
Breast Cancer Prevention
- You can help reduce your breast cancer risk by maintaining a healthy weight throughout life
- Being physically active on a regular basis (at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity each week)
- Maintaining a healthy weight, especially after the menopause
- Not drinking alcohol limiting your intake of saturated fats.
- Stop smoking
Help us honor those at every step of the breast cancer journey by sharing the story of how you or someone you love has been affected by breast cancer. We will share these stories throughout our social media platforms to encourage others facing breast cancer. For any suggestion or reaction feel free to comment or fill up our contact form.