MD (General Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology), DNB (Gastroenterology)
Dr. Samit S Jain is a Mumbai-based Consultant Gastroenterologist currently associated with the TN Medical College (TNMC) and BYL Nair Charitable Hospital where he is designated as Assistant Professor in the Department of Gastroenterology. He has the postdoctoral DM (Gastroenterology) degree as well as a DNB in Gastroenterology.
About Dr. Samit S Jain
Dr. Samit Jain is highly skilled in providing clinical care in in-patient, out-patient and intensive care settings.
Dr. Samit S Jain Facilities
- Endoscopic Variceal Band Ligation
Dr. Samit S Jain Research
- REALM Study: Randomised, observational study of Entecavir to assess long-term outcomes associated with nucleoside/nucleotide monotherapy for patients with chronic HBV infection. (AI463-080: The REALM Study). [Co-Investigator]
- TAF Study: A Phase 3, Randomised, double-blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Tenofovir Alafenamide (TAF) 25 mgQD versus Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) 300mg QD for the treatment of HBeAg positive, chronic Hepatitis B. (GS-US-320-0110: TAF Study +ve). [Co-Investigator]
- ENABLE Study: An observational follow-up study of patients who experienced thromboembolic events in the ENABLE studies. (WESKOP5822: ENABLE 2). [Co-Investigator]
Dr. Samit S Jain Publications
- Oesophageal tuberculosis presenting with hematemesis. Jain SS, Somani PO, Mahey RC, Shah DK, Contractor QQ, Rathi PM. World J Gastrointest Endosc. Nov 2013; 5(11): 581-583.
- Massive infestation with pinworms causing chronic diarrhoea. Mohite AR, Jain SS, Khot AA, Rathi PM. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association. 2013.
- Uncomplicated spontaneous rupture of pancreatic pseudocyst into stomach. Piyush O Somani, Samit S Jain, Dharmesh K Shah, Amol A Khot, Pravin M Rathi. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 5(9): 461464.
Dr. Samit S Jain Training
- MBBS: MGM Medical College. MUHS University. 2000-04.
- Junior Residency: NHL Medical College and VS Hospital. May 2007 to Apr 2010.
- MD (Medicine): NHL Medical College and VS Hospital. 2010