Dr. Tarak Patel is one of the leading Spine Surgeons in India. He has completed MBBS and M.S in Orthopaedic Surgery. Besides his training and experience of working in the United Kingdom, Dr. Tarak Patel has worked as a Spine Surgeon, with some of the premium medical facilities in India including Breach Candy Hospital and Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, Apollo Hospital in Chennai and Ganga Hospital in Coimbatore.
Dr. Tarak Patel Expertise
- Spine surgeries – Spinal deformity corrections, spinal tumour reconstructions, surgery for spinal infections, reconstructive surgery for osteoporotic fractures, cervical spine instrumentation.
- Minimal access procedures – endoscopic and micro discectomy, nucleoplasty, thoracoscopy , vertebroplasty.
- Contemporary surgeries – Disc replacement surgery, growing rod surgeries including rib expansion, and computer navigated spine surgery
- Paediatric spinal surgery – scoliosis correction, early onset spinal deformity correction in infants, surgeries for congenital atlanto-axial subluxations, varied forms of childhood spinal TB and congenital scoliosis
- Sports injuries of the spine
- Bedside Manner
- Wait Time
- Hospital Affiliations
- Experience / Tranining
- Medical School MBBS from BJ Medical Collage, Ahmedabad | MS (Ortho) from NHL medical college, Ahmedabad
Extensive 2 years training at Breach candy hospital and Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
Clinical spine fellowship – University hospital of Wales, UK
Visiting fellowships at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore and Apollo Hospital, Chennai
Special Training in Scoliosis and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Leadership Roles
- Orthopaedic Surgery