About Dr. Tarang Patel (MBBS, MS, MCh (Onco Surgery), MAMS)
Dr. Tarang Patel, with work experience of more than 3 decades, belongs to first generation of qualified Surgical Oncologist of India. Dr. Tarang Patel is among the first few who performed pectorals major reconstruction out of institute in Gujarat. He is performing major and supra major head and neck cancer surgeries like Commando, Laryngectomy. He loves doing Thyroid, and Parotid surgery. He has special interest in Breast cancer.
“Cancer Threats Patients, Cancer Fears Cancer Surgeons”
Dr. Tarang Patel – Experience
Dr. Tarang Patel works independently as Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Shrey hospital, Ahmedabad. He is the first Surgical Oncologist to be part of successful Corporate Healthcare Service provider of Gujarat. Dr. Tarang Patel has performed major and supra major head and Neck cancer surgeries with reconstruction. Major abdominal surgeries for Rectal and Colon cancer including stapler surgery are performed. Dr. Tarang Patel has special interest in treatment of Breast cancer. Modified radical mastectomy and breast preservation/ reconstructive surgery for breast cancer are successfully performed. More than 100 chemo ports are inserted till today without major complications like infection, blockage or extrusion.
Dr. Tarang Patel – Skills
- Dr.Tarang Patel was among the first batch of M.Ch.: OncoSurgery in Gujarat. He was first to popularize paramedian mandibulotomy with Oropharyngeal: Base Tongue and Tonsil tumour excision in Gujarat. He is pioneer in Chemo-Port implantation in Gujarat with more than 100 implant to his credit.
- Dr. Tarang Patel has experience and access to offer “Radio Frequency Ablation” for treatment and control of Liver, Lung cancer and early metastatic disease from Colon, Rectal and Breast cancer.
- Dr. Tarang Patel has acquired knowledge on parenteral and enteral nutrition. He has been resource person at many clinical nutrition meets.
- Dr. Tarang Patel is a resource person at Breast Cancer education programs. He has special interest in anti-tobacco and cancer awareness.
Dr. Tarang Patel – Paper & Poster Presentations (up to 2008) :
- Paper on “Surgical approach by paramedian mandibulotomy for oropharyngeal cancer” at XVII annual conference of Gujarat State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India, 24 -25 November 1990, Baroda.
- Paper on “Esophageal resection – An experience” at National week for surgical update” 1 – 7 April 1991, Bangalore.
- Paper on “Resection of Colorectal Malignancy (Review of 150 Cases)” at Mid term Conference of Indian Society of Surgical Oncology, 7-8 September 1991, Baroda, Gujarat.
- Paper on “Head & Neck Oncology” at XVIIIth Annual Conference of Gujarat State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India, 23-24 November 1991, Ahmedabad.
- Invited Lecture on “Current Status of LASER in Surgery”, Rajkot Medical Association, January 1992, Rajkot, Gujarat.
- “Carcinoma of Esophagus -Management by Surgical Resection (A study of 50 cases)”, Co- author of Poster presentation at Vth National Cancer Congress of Indian Society of Oncology, January 1992, Madras.
- Invited Lecture on “Surgical Strategy in Esophageal Cancer”, Valsad Medical Association, March 1992, Valsad, Gujarat.
- “Database Management System for Surgical Oncologist”, Poster presentation at XVI International Cancer Congress, UICC, October 1994, New Delhi.
- “Excision & Reconstruction of Base Tongue Cancer”, Co author of Poster presentation at XVI International Cancer Congress, UICC, October 1994, New Delhi.
- Invited lecture on “ Management of Breast Lump” 46th Gujarat State Annual Medical Conference, 18, 19, 20 November 1994, Bardoli.
“Understanding Gender Perspective in Breast Cancer: A Cultural Dilemma” paper presentation at World Conference on Breast cancer, Queen’s University, 13 -17 July 1997, Kingston, Canada.
- “Breast Cancer in India” a invited presentation on “International Hearing” at World conference on Breast cancer, Queen’s University, 17 July 1997, Kingston, Canada.
- Invited Lecture on “Medicine and Internet” organized by ADINET on Library day 16 August 1997, Ahmedabad.
- “Perspective of Breast Cancer in India” Poster presentation at International Conference on Reproductive Health organized by Indian Society for study in reproduction and Institute for Research in Reproduction , 15 – 19 March 1998, Mumbai.
- “Information: How Much? How Fast?” Poster presented at “Psycho-Social Impact on Breast Cancer” organized by Swiss Cancer League and UICC, April 1998, Luzern, Switzerland.
- “Hemithyroidectomy” Video presented at Video Workshop at Continueing Surgical Education organized by Gujarat State Surgeons Association and Association of Surgeons of Valsad, 7.6.98, Valsad.
- “Surgery and Breast Cancer” guest speaker at Dr. J. B. Haribhakti CSE Programme organized by Gujarta State Surgeon’s Association 29 August 1999, Ahmedabad.
- “Tele-Medicine” speaker at Biomedical Instrumentation organized by Electrical Engineering Department of Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology, Surat, October 1999.
- “Environment and its Impact on Women’s Health” invited lecture during Seminar on“ Women and Environment organized by Faculty of Social Work, M.S. University, Vadodara on 4.12.1999.
- “Distribution Pattern of Tobacco” at11th World Conference on Tobacco OR Health, 6 -11 August 2000 Chicago, USA. Radio Frequency Ablation, invited
- lecture at “ONCOVAD”, West Zone Mid Term CME Conference organized by ,Indian Society of Oncology, 13 -14 December 2003, Vadodara.
- “Breast Cancer and Therapeutics” Invited Guest Lecture by Jamnagar Obstetrics Gynecology Society, 5.2.2005, Jamnagar. “Critical Nutrition” invited lecture on November 2005
Dr. Tarang Patel – Treatments
Cancer is a life threatening disease. There are numerous Doctors and Cancer Specialist in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Baroda, Surat, Gujarat, many of which are having their own hospitals in Ahmedabad City. However, some of that Cancer Specialist in Ahmedabad works for expensive multi specialty hospitals.
- Breast Cancer
- Neck Cancer
- Head Cancer
- Mouth Cancer
- & More
Note: First Friday of the Month – Shri Bajrangdas Bapa Hospital Bhavnagar 10AM to 12PM
Public Holidays Closed. Appointment may be cancelled without prior notice. No Compensation.
- Bedside Manner
- Wait Time
- Hospital Affiliations CIMS Hospital
- Experience / Tranining Consultant cancer surgeon, Shrey hospital
- Medical School B. J. Medical college, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Residency Ahmedabad
- Certifications M.B.,B.S,, M.S., M.Ch. (Onco Surgery)
- Leadership Roles
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery and Management