Gastroenterology is an area of medicine that focuses on the health of the digestive system or the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Gastroenterologists can treat everything from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) to hepatitis C. Here’s a look at what these specialists do and when you should consider seeing one.
Gastroenterologist in Mumbai
These specialists primarily diagnose and treat GI diseases in both men and women in Mumbai.
Gastroenterologist in Mumbai performs endoscopic procedures, in which they use specialized instruments to view the GI tract and make a diagnosis. They don’t perform surgery. In some cases, they may work closely with a GI surgeon. They primarily work in the clinic or hospital settings.
Top 10 Best Gastroenterologist in Mumbai
List of top 10 best Gastroenterologist surgeons in Mumbai with contact no, address, treatments, services, profile, reviews, book appointment details & more.
1. Dr. Mehul Choksi
Dr. Mehul Choksi is a reputed Gastroenterologist in Mumbai with vast experience in the field of digestive diseases and advanced therapeutic endoscopy.
After completing DM (Gastroenterology), Dr. Choksi underwent training in Gastrointestinal Oncology and Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy at India’s premier cancer institute; Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai where he also held a teaching position.
Dr. Choksi has immense experience in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures encompassing gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, EUS, and enteroscopy including palliative stenting of advanced gastrointestinal malignancies. He is an expert in treating benign and malignant gastrointestinal disorders, Consultant Gastroenterologist in Mumbai.
- Treatments:- Gastrointestinal Cancer, Abdominal Pain, Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Fatty Liver
- Profile:- Dr. Mehul Choksi
- Address:- Gabriel House, Gabriel Cross Road, Mahim West, Near Canossa Special School, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400016
- Contact:- +91 9833748171
- Email:- email@example.com
2. Dr. Ruchit Patel
MBBS, M.D (General Medicine),D.M.(Medical Gastroenterology),Consultant Gastroenterologist in Mumbai
Dr. Ruchit Patel is a young and dynamic Gastroenterologist practicing in Mumbai. He has an experience of more than 6 years in the treatment of numerous disorders of liver, gall bladder, abdomen, and pancreas.
Dr. Ruchit Patel is a meticulous doctor and keeps a thorough follow-up of all the patients who consult him. He is up to date with all the new nuances in the field of Gastroenterology. He has special interest in advanced endoscopy and therapeutic endoscopic procedures and also his field of interest is in managing patients with liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease and pancreatitis.
- Treatments:- Gas And Bloating, Gastrointestinal cancers, Difficulty swallowing, Hepatitis, Fatty liver, Cirrhosis of liver, Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopy, Upper GI scopy, Sclerotherapy, Esophageal variceal ligation, stricture dilation, Esophageal, NJ tube placement, enteral and biliary metallic stent placement, PEG tube placement, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy, Polypectomy, ERCP, Fibroscan
- Profile:- Dr. Ruchit Patel
- Address:- 301-302, Cosmos Apartment, Above Millenium Toyota, S. V. Road, Juhu, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
- Contact No:- +91 9820 500 535
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Dr. Ameet Mandot
Gut Clinic is an independent private venture of Dr. Ameet Mandot,renowned Gastroenterologist Hepatologist and Liver Transplant Physician based in Mumbai.
Dr. Ameet Mandot has been practicing independently since the year 2008.
Dr. Ameet Mandot was the national gold medalist in the field of gastroenterology for the year 2007-08.
Dr. Ameet Mandot pursued an advanced fellowship in liver transplant medicine and liver icu from hospital Beaujon, Paris, France, which is one of the most renowned European centers for Hepatology and Liver transplantation.
If you are looking for a Liver Specialist or Gastroenterologist based in Mumbai then your search ends with Dr. Ameet Mandot.
- Treatments:- Viral hepatitis, fatty liver, alcoholic liver disease, liver cirrhosis and liver failure, Liver cancer, Liver transplant medicine, Acidity, Reflux disease, Peptic ulcers, Chronic constipation and diarrhoea, IBS, Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy with or without anesthesia, Pancreatic diseases, Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Profile:- Dr. Ameet Mandot
- Address:- The Gut Clinic, 3rd floor, citi tower Dr s.s Rao marg next to Gandhi hospital above infinity medical center parel mumbai-12, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012
- Contact No:- 084510 10330
- Email:- email@example.com
4. Dr. Dattatray Solanke
Dr. Dattatray Solanke is one of the leading Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopy, Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI scopey, Esophageal variceal ligation, Sclerotherapy, stricture dilation, Esophageal and Gastroenterologist in Mumbai.
Dr. Dattatray Solanke studied MBBS from Government Medical College, achieved All India Rank 292 in first attempt in All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination, 2009. He did MD Medicine from renowned Grant Medical College, Mumbai. After that he worked in Nephrology Department at Grant Medical College as Senior Registrar.
Dr. Dattatray Solanke completed DM Gastroenterology from prestigious Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College (Sion Hospital), Mumbai; where he also worked as senior resident after completion of DM. He then joined the prestigious Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai; as a Superspecialty Medical Officer and Senior Registrar.
- Treatments:- Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopy, Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI scopy, Esophageal variceal ligation, Sclerotherapy, stricture dilation, Esophageal, enteral and biliary metallic stent placement, PEG tube placement, NJ tube placement, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy, Polypectomy, ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Fibroscan
- Profile:- Dr. Dattatray Solanke
- Address:- Kokilaben Hospital, Rao Saheb, Achutrao Patwardhan Marg, Four Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
- Contact:- 090825 43149
5. Dr. Samit S Jain
Dr. Samit S Jain is a Mumbai-based Consultant Gastroenterologist currently associated with the TN Medical College (TNMC) and BYL Nair Charitable Hospital where he is designated as Assistant Professor in the Department of Gastroenterology. He has the postdoctoral DM (Gastroenterology) degree as well as a DNB in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Samit Jain is highly skilled in providing clinical care in in-patient, out-patient and intensive care settings.
- Treatments:- Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Endoscopic Variceal Band Ligation
- Profile:- Dr. Samit S Jain
- Address:- Sanjeevanee hospital 172,A, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rd, behind Sharda theatre, Dadar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400014
- Contact:- +919321256791
6. Dr. D. R. Kulkarni
Dr. D. R. Kulkarni is a Consultant HPB Surgeon at many renowned hospitals in city of Mumbai for last 10 years. He earned his medical degree from Mumbai University and began his surgical career at B. Y. L.Nair Municipal Hospital, Mumbai. After post-graduation in General Surgery, Dr. Kulkarni worked in the capacity of Lecturer with the same department and then proceeded for advanced training in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation to Hong Kong and later to Paris.
LPC is owned & managed by Dr. D.R. Kulkarni (HPB surgeon). The out patients are evaluated in his OPD at Lilavati Hospital & Research Center bandra Mumbai. His support team consists of hepatologist,Gl endoscopist, intensive care specialist, intervention radiology specialist and medical oncologist.
- Treatments:- Gall Stone, Gall bladder Cancer, Gall bladder Polyp, Bile duct Cancer, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis, Pancreatic Cancer, Pancreatic Fistula, Pancreatic Pseudo cyst, PNET, Whipple’s operation / pancreatoduodenectomy, Distal Pancreatectomy
- Profile:- Dr. D. R. Kulkarni
- Address:- C/O– Dr. D R KULKARNI Lilavati Hospital & Research Center Bandra Reclamation, KC Road, Bandra West Mumbai – 400050, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400028
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact No:- 08591049586
7. Dr. Vasudev
Gastroenterologist and Liver diseases Specialist (Hepatologist), Interventional Endoscopist in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Dr. Vasudev is the best Gastroenterologist and Liver diseases Specialist (Hepatologist), Interventional Endoscopist at SevenHills Hospital Mumbai.
Dr. C. Vasudev is a Consultant Gastroenterologist, Liver diseases Specialist and Therapeutic interventional endoscopist at SevenHills Hospital. Dr. Vasudev has been Head of the Department since May 2014.
Dr. Vasudev has 12 years of Postgraduate medical experiences in the fields of Internal medicine and gastroenterology to his credit and specializes in performing endoscopic procedures. The following diseases are treated at SevenHills hospital in the Department of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases.
Peptic ulcer disease, Gastric problems including acidity, bloating, Constipation, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, H.Pylori infection, Celiac sprue, Intestinal Tuberculosis, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis
- Treatments:- Chronic diarrhoea, Irritable bowel syndrome, Alcohol related Liver disease and its complications, Liver Cirrhosis and its complications, Fatty Liver, Liver Cancers, Liver Cysts, Liver Abscess, Gall bladder cancer, Jaundice, Gall stones and related illness, CBD stones, Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis, Non alcoholic fatty liver disease including NASH, Colonic Polyps, Pancreatic Pseudocysts, anal fissures, haemorrhoids, fecal evacuation disorders, Colitis, eosinophilic esophagitis
- Profile:- Dr. Vasudev
- Address:- F-24, First Floor, R-Galleria, RUNWAL GREENS, 5, Mulund Goregaon Link Rd, Bhandup West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400078
- Contact No:- 098677 82779